Honors and Senior Theses in EEP
Have you thought about writing a thesis? If requirements are met, you can enroll in:
You can also apply for research funding for your thesis in the Student Initiated Portal of SPUR.
Advice on Getting Started, Formulating a Research Question, Data Empirical Strategies
Check out the writing services at the Student Learning Center
Congrats Yeeun Moon winner of the Spring 2021 Melis Medal RCNR Honors symposium - Social Sciences, Adviser James Sayre, Department of ARE, PhD student.
Congrats to Graduating Class of 2021 Honors Students in the EEP Major!
Watch the video of the Entire symposium for Spring 2021 Day 1 featuring EEP HERE and Fall 2020 HERE
For information on the Melis Medal read HERE
A Sample of EEP Alumni Honors' Thesis
- Scott Kaplan. 2014. "Alternative Crop Adoption: A Study from Cote d'Ivoire," PRESENTATION (mentor David Zilberman, ARE)
- Natalie Mezaki. 2017. "Using Econometrics to Test the Effects of Environmental Injustice on Performance in School" THESIS, PRESENTATION (mentor: Brian Wright, ARE)
- Sophie Andrews. 2018. "Temperature Response in U.S. Electricity Demand, an Investigation into Adaptive Preferences," PRESENTATION (mentor: James Sallee, ARE) Melis Medalist.
- Ryan Saraie. 2018. "Impacts of the California Solar Initiative on Solar Energy Adoption" THESIS (mentor: Meredith Fowlie) Melis Medalist.
- Tyler Jacobson. 2019. " Estimating Willingness to Pay for Cleaner Air" VIDEO, THESIS (mentors David Card, Economics; Sofia B. Villas-Boas, ARE). Melis Medalist.
- Kipper Berven. 2020. "The Sustainable Groundwater Management Act's Impact on Ground Water Withdrawal in the Sacramento Hydrologic Region," THESIS (mentors Sofia B. Villas-Boas, ARE; Ellen Bruno, ARE).
- Ryan Andresen, 2020. "Does Drought Surcharge Pricing Induce Water Conservation?" THESIS (mentor Sofia Villas-Boas, ARE).
- Xinyue Gao, 2020. "Analysis of Factors Influencing Organic Consumption Among Young Adults in California" THESIS (mentor Sofia Villas-Boas, ARE).
- Ariana Jessa, 2020. "Exploring Climate Change Adaptation Pathways for the Guna Yala in San Blas, Panama." Thesis, PRESENTATION (mentor Sofia Villas-Boas, ARE)
- Jerry Zhu, 2020. "A State on Fire: Effect of California Wildfire on Perceived Risks and Home Values." Thesis, PRESENTATION (mentor Sofia Villas-Boas, ARE) Melis Medalist.
- Yanling Liu, 2020. "Bioplastic(Petrochemical Plastic Substitutes): Price Burden and Path to Cost Reduction." PRESENTATION (mentor Brian Wright, ARE)
- Yeeun Moon, 2021. "Has Drug Production in Mexico Contributed to Deforestation?" PRESENTATION (mentor James Sayre, ARE) Melis Medalist.
- Jackie Copfer, 2021. "Impact of COVID-19 Outbreaks at US MEat packing plants on Consumer Preferences for Safe Essential Worker Conditions: Evidence from Discrete Choice Analysis," THESIS. (mentor Sofia VillasBoas, ARE)
- Nica Campbell, 2021. "The COVID-19 Pandemic: Impact on Consumers' environmental Conciousness and Food Choices in California," THESIS (mentor Sofia Villas-Boas ARE)