Honors and Senior Theses in EEP
Have you thought about writing a thesis? If requirements are met, you can enroll in:
You can also apply for research funding for your thesis in the Student Initiated Portal of SPUR.
Congrats to the EEP Honors Students in the Fall 2020: Jerry, Ariana, and Yanling!
Watch the video of the Entire symposium for Fall 2020 HERE
A Sample of EEP Alumni Honors' Thesis
- Scott Kaplan. 2014. "Alternative Crop Adoption: A Study from Cote d'Ivoire," PRESENTATION (mentor David Zilberman, ARE)
- Natalie Mezaki. 2017. "Using Econometrics to Test the Effects of Environmental Injustice on Performance in School" THESIS, PRESENTATION (mentor: Brian Wright, ARE)
- Sophie Andrews. 2018. "Temperature Response in U.S. Electricity Demand, an Investigation into Adaptive Preferences," PRESENTATION (mentor: James Sallee, ARE) Melis Medalist.
- Ryan Saraie. 2018. "Impacts of the California Solar Initiative on Solar Energy Adoption" THESIS (mentor: Meredith Fowlie) Melis Medalist.
- Tyler Jacobson. 2019. " Estimating Willingness to Pay for Cleaner Air" VIDEO, THESIS (mentors David Card, Economics; Sofia B. Villas-Boas, ARE). Melis Medalist.
- Kipper Berven. 2020. "The Sustainable Groundwater Management Act's Impact on Ground Water Withdrawal in the Sacramento Hydrologic Region," THESIS (mentors Sofia B. Villas-Boas, ARE; Ellen Bruno, ARE).
- Ryan Andresen, 2020. "Does Drought Surcharge Pricing Induce Water Conservation?" THESIS (mentor Sofia Villas-Boas, ARE).
- Xinyue Gao, 2020. "Analysis of Factors Influencing Organic Consumption Among Young Adults in California" THESIS (mentor Sofia Villas-Boas, ARE).
- Ariana Jessa, 2020. "Exploring Climate Change Adaptation Pathways for the Guna Yala in San Blas, Panama." Thesis, PRESENTATION (mentor Sofia Villas-Boas, ARE)
- Jerry Zhu, 2020. "A State on Fire: Effect of California Wildfire on Perceived Risks and Home Values." Thesis, PRESENTATION (mentor Sofia Villas-Boas, ARE) Melis Medalist.
- Yanling Liu, 2020. "Bioplastic(Petrochemical Plastic Substitutes): Price Burden and Path to Cost Reduction." PRESENTATION (mentor Brian Wright, ARE)