- Energy and environmental economics
- Industrial organization
- Applied econometrics
- Panel data and experimental design. Fiona Burlig, Louis Preonas, and Matt Woerman. Energy Institute at Haas Working Paper 277. 2017. Revisions requested, Journal of Development Economics.
- Linking carbon markets with different initial conditions. Dallas Burtraw, Clayton Munnings, Karen Palmer, Matt Woerman. RFF Discussion Paper 17-16. 2017.
- Flexibility and stringency in greenhouse gas regulations. Dallas Burtraw, Matt Woerman, and Alan Krupnick. Environmental and Resource Economics, 63 (2): 225-248. 2016.
- Incentives, margins, and cost effectiveness in comprehensive climate policy for the power sector. Anthony Paul, Karen Palmer, and Matt Woerman. Climate Change Economics, 6 (4): 1-27. 2015.
- Analysis of the Bingaman Clean Energy Standard proposal. Anthony Paul, Karen Palmer, and Matt Woerman. Resource and Energy Economics, 36 (1): 113-129. 2014.
- Economic ideas for a complex climate policy regime. Dallas Burtraw and Matt Woerman. Energy Economics, 40 (Supplement 1): S24-S31. 2013.
- Reliability in the U.S. electricity industry under new environmental regulations. Dallas Burtraw, Karen Palmer, Anthony Paul, Blair Beasley, and Matt Woerman. Energy Policy, 62: 1078-1091. 2013.
- Modeling a clean energy standard for electricity: Policy design implications for emissions, supply, prices and regions. Anthony Paul, Karen Palmer, and Matt Woerman. Energy Economics, 36: 108-124. 2013.
- Cost-effectiveness and economic incidence of a clean energy standard. Bryan K. Mignone, Thomas Alfstad, Aaron Bergman, Kenneth Dubin, Richard Duke, Paul Friley, Andrew Martinez, Matthew Mowers, Karen Palmer, Anthony Paul, Sharon Showalter, Daniel Steinberg, Matt Woerman, and Frances Wood. Economics of Energy and Environmental Policy, 1 (3): 59-86. 2012.
- Secular trends, environmental regulations, and electricity markets. Dallas Burtraw, Karen Palmer, Anthony Paul, and Matt Woerman. The Electricity Journal, 25 (6): 35-47. 2012.
- Retail electricity price savings from compliance flexibility in GHG standards for stationary sources. Dallas Burtraw, Matt Woerman, and Anthony Paul. Energy Policy, 42: 67-77. 2012.
- Strategies for mitigating climate change through energy efficiency: The RFF Haiku electricity market model. Anthony Paul, Matt Woerman, and Karen Palmer. The Energy Journal, 32 (Special Issue): 193-212. 2011.
- Federal policies for renewable electricity: Impacts and interactions. Karen Palmer, Anthony Paul, Matt Woerman, and Daniel C. Steinberg. Energy Policy, 39 (7): 3975-3991. 2011.
- Ph.D. Agricultural and Resource Economics. University of California, Berkeley. 2019 (expected)
- M.S. Agricultural and Resource Economics. University of California, Berkeley. 2015
- M.S. Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics. The Ohio State University. 2009
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering. Kansas State University. 2007
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation E2e Project Grant, 2017
- J-PAL North America Project Development Grant, 2017
- Giannini Foundation Mini-Grant, 2017
- BITSS SSMART Grant, 2015
- Regulation of Energy and the Environment -- Meredith Fowlie -- Graduate student instructor -- UC Berkeley -- Spring 2017
- Energy and Environmental Markets -- Severin Borenstein -- Reader -- UC Berkeley -- Spring 2016
Associate Professor, Agricultural and Resource Economics, UC Berkeley
Professor, Agricultural and Resource Economics, UC Berkeley
Professor, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
Agricultural & Resource Economics
University of California, Berkeley
319 Giannini Hall
Berkeley, California 94720